Leveraging experience with more than 190 certification programs, SeaCrest strategically partners with organizations offering credentialing products to evaluate program performance, focus on quality assurance and improvement, and plan for the future.
Download a case study, From Concept to Concrete: Envisioning a New Framework for Continued Competency, to learn more about this approach with the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI).
Program Performance & Efficiency Audit
All certification programs, accredited or not, benefit from a comprehensive and unbiased evaluation process that informs the Board’s strategic planning process. Conduct an audit for these reasons:
- Avoid liability and develop a risk management plan
- As part of a periodic, quality improvement process
- Rescue or re-launch a struggling program
- Prepare for an accreditation application (initial or renewal)
- Respond to an adverse situation
- Evaluate options related to retiring a program
- Plan for transitioning an existing program to/from a certificate/certification program
SeaCrest uses a systematic approach to evaluate all areas of a professional certification program including governance, policies and procedures, candidate materials, examination process and documentation, marketing programs, recertification process and more.
Our detailed analysis will inform and educate your staff and volunteer leaders on the best practices in the industry and identify areas for improvement to maintain a legally defensible, quality program that is valuable to your stakeholders.
Effective planning, both short and long term, is one of the foundations of a successful certification program. Quality strategic plans help certifying agencies accomplish their mission, increase their impact, and address priorities with intention and focus. SeaCrest leads the organization through an interactive process to evaluate the current environment, discuss trends, and set strategic goals. Using our wealth of experience with standards and “best practices” specific to the certification industry, we work with you to identify the essential areas so you can take action to improve your program.
SeaCrest’s process includes the following general phases:
- Information Gathering – using one-on-one interviews, surveys, and other tools, SeaCrest gathers information to understand the organization, various stakeholder perspectives, and the industry in which they certify.
- Planning Facilitation – SeaCrest typically uses a two-person team to lead the volunteer leadership through a face-to-face, strategic planning workshop, which includes detailed discussions and exercises to pinpoint goals and brainstorm strategies. Our team also provides tools to inform and guide the Board’s decision making process.
- Strategic Plan Framework – building on the outcomes of the strategic planning workshop, our team builds the framework for the plan and provides a detailed report outlining the process and the rationale for the leadership’s decisions.